Tuesday, August 08, 2006

cross training

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I take a class at the YMCA called target tone. We use handweights and do different exercises such as squats and lunges, chest press, arm curls, etc... Sometimes we use rubber bands and balls too. It is different every time. I really like the trainer who leads the class. He is a year older than I am and does triathalons and dualthalons. I enjoy the class and miss it if I have to miss for work or some other reason. On Wednesdays I take a spinning class taught by the same trainer. I really enjoy spinning class too. I was talked into trying spinning by my niece about 6 years ago. If I remember right, she went 3 times and didn't like it and here I am still doing it!! I may have to give up the spinning class during my half marathon training if I can't fit it in. I am planning on Wednesday being my speedwork day so a spinning class on the same day might be too much. I will have to see how it goes.

Today was target tone. My training program has 2 days/week with strength training and a short run so this fits right in!! Today I went a little light on weight because I have a race this weekend and this is one that I REALLY want to do good in!!
This evening I ran 3 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home