Saturday, August 26, 2006

Another week of training

I am not doing a very good job of keeping a blog! It's been a whole week and 25 miles since I last posted. Monday I did a 5 mile tempo run, Tuesday I started a 3.5 run on trails in a park and it started raining so my run got cut short at 2 miles and I got soaked. Wednesday I did a hill workout for the first time. A few weeks back while riding my bike I found a nice hill about 2 miles from home. It is a long uphill climb. I went there on my bike and with my Garmin found out that it is a quarter mile from the bottom to the top. I ran up the hill fast and jogged back down very slowly 8 times. I am going to need these hill workouts for a portion of my half marathon that I hear is a long uphill climb and the hardest part of the race. Thursday I was not able to run but did go to target tone class. I was really sore Friday morning. Friday I ran 4 miles, the first half mile was an easy warm up, then 3 miles below race pace, then an easy cool down the last half mile. Today I ran 10 miles. It was a very slow 10 miles. Tomorrow I am planning on trying to get around the trails at the park without getting soaked!

Also this week I took my son to college to talk with his academic advisor, get his ID, parking permit, bus pass and books. He starts classes Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home