Thursday, August 31, 2006

I am running so good this week!

I am running so good this week!!!! I can't believe it!
Monday it rained all day so I decided to do the speedwork that was on schedule for Wednesday. I went to the Y and ran it on a treadmill. I did 8 quarter-mile repeats with a quarter- mile slow jog in between for 4.5 miles total. I did the repeats at 7:30 pace.
Tuesday was target tone class and an easy 3 mile run in the evening. Wednesday I did a 5 mile tempo run, it went really well, after 20 minutes easy I began picking it up every 5 minutes and held the fastest pace for 6 minutes. I was really surprised that this run went so well because my daughter and I had went to an afternoon movie and had popcorn and after the movie had ice cream!! I felt like I had a bowling ball in my stomach after the ice cream. I didn't get started running until almost 7:30pm and when I was walking home after finishing I realized that it was almost dark at 8:30. I guess summer is almost over. I think the best part of summer is being able to go running so late in the evening! I love the time of year when I can go on a run at 9pm and it is still daylight! Of course, the opposite is also true, you can go for a run at 5am and it is already fully daylight!! (not that I ever go running at 5am!) I like getting out of work at 6am and needing sunglasses for the drive home!! I guess those days are over for this year. The worst is when I drive to work in the dark at 5:30pm and drive home in the dark at 6am. Did I ever get off subject! LOL
Today was target tone again. I went very light on weight since I was sooooo sore after last Thursday and was still sore on the weekend. I am doing a 14 mile training run on Sunday and do not want to be sore from weights. This evening I ran 3 miles. I meant for it to be an easy run but I just started running and ended up running it at 8:32 pace!! I didn't mean to, it just happened!! I will take it! I felt great too. I felt like music tonight so used my mp3 player with 70s heavy metal music! Nothing makes you run up a hill fast like Van Halen screaming in your ears!!!! I haven't been using it lately because I cannot use it in the half marathon and wouldn't want to anyway. After that I didn't feel so bad about slacking in target tone class. I am sure I would not have run that good if I had been as sore as I was last week. I still felt like I did something, I didn't slack that bad! LOL Right now I want to concentrate on my running not my muscles so I am going to stay at lower weights until after the half marathon then I will go back to what I was doing before and be sore all weekend! It won't matter all winter.

Soooo, that's how training has been going this week. I will be running tomorrow, resting Saturday and doing the 14 mile training run put on by the running store on Sunday. After that I will come home, shower, change and head up to Mackinaw City!!!!!!! I have to check in at 5pm for the Mackinac Bridge run!! I am so excited, I can't wait! I love the Mackinac Bridge and cannot wait to be running across it!

I saw the strangest thing today. I stopped at a gas station convience store for a little bag of sunchips (one of my weaknesses) and the clerk was standing outside the door smoking a cigarette. I went in, got my chips, and headed up to the counter. The clerk came back in and put a lighter back into a display box that was set up on the counter. He used a cigarette lighter that was for sale to light his cigarette then put it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home