14 mile training run went great!!!!
This morning I ran 14 miles in a training run that is put on by a running store. It took me 2 hours,2 minutes which is 8:43 pace!!!! I was at 1:53 at 13 miles so I am confident that I can break 2 hours in my half marathon! The run went really good until 12 miles, those last 2 were really hard. After the run I headed home, showered, dressed and headed to Mackinaw City. I got to my hotel and they didn't have a reservation for me, I had to call expedia who thought they were just going to find me another hotel room in Mackinaw City on Labor day weekend. Yeah right. I ended up calling hotels on my own and found one that had a room, the man there told me I should take the room and that expedia has to let me even though they are trying to find one. It was getting to the time I was supposed to be somewhere to check in for the bridge run and get my shirt and info. Clerks at both of the hotels said that this happens alot. I thought booking hotel rooms online was the thing to do, I guess not. I am just glad that I found something. There was a pasta dinner for the runners. The governor showed up too. She just came walkin in. She went around to all of the tables and I got my picture taken with her. My daughter and I walked around Mackinaw City this evening after I got back from the dinner. I haven't been here in years.
It's time for bed since I have to be at the check in place at 5am tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home