I am still here and running!
I can't believe I haven't posted anything since the 4th and now it is the 25th. I have been training for my half marathon, things have been going good. Sometimes it is hard to get my runs in. I've been doing hill workouts on my hill. I got soaked a couple of weeks ago on a 6 mile run. It wasn't raining when I started out and started sprinkling when I was about 3 miles into the run and was only a half mile from home at that point but it wasn't bad so I continued on. The last 2 miles were in a hard steady rain. I looked like I was in a wet tshirt contest! My shirt was clinging to me and you could see through it! I went straight to the shower and took the hottest shower I could stand. After my shower I picked my clothes up off the floor and there was a puddle of water and my clothes were dripping!!
Sept 17th I ran an 8K race. I had never run 8K before but was going to try for an 8 minute pace. My time was 41:17 which is 8:19. Yesterday I ran a 10 mile race. I just ran it to practice my half marathon pace. My time was 1:28:03 which is 8:49 pace. I was hoping to be just a bit faster but I will take it. After the race I ran 4 extra miles. They left the water out on the course for another hour so people could run extra miles for training for half and whole marathons. Next Sunday is my last race before my half marathon. I am only doing it because my sister is running it, she just started running this summer and can run 3 miles now. Her goal is to break 30 minutes. I am going to run the course with her tomorrow. She lives very close to where this race takes place. My nephews are going to be running the kids runs which are after the 5K so I will run with them. One is running the kids mile and the other the kids dash, not sure how far it is but probably a 100 yd dash. I will then need to run 10 more miles that day. I want to get a good time on my 5K because it is the last race in this series of races that I have been running. I am considering doing a long run on Friday, not sure what I am going to do yet. I have some friends who will also be running this race who are training for half marathons too so I will see what they are going to do.
Yesterday was 5 weeks out from my half marathon! After the hotel fiasco in Mackinac City I confirmed that I did have a reservation at the hotel that is 4-tenths of a mile from the start of my half marathon and it is there!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home