Monday, October 16, 2006

Less than 2 weeks!

Yesterday was 2 weeks out from the half marathon! I am ready for it to be over. We haven't been having the greatest weather so it just isn't as much fun to get out and run. The week before last I had 29 miles. I went to a marathon training run put on by a running store, it was a different one than I had went to before. This was huge. It was an "official" training run for the marathon/half marathon that I am running in. It was in a really big park and the main road running through it was closed off to traffic. It was a 20 mile course but you could run any distance. There was a map posted with instructions for running different distances. I read the plan for running 14 miles and thought I had it figured out but I messed up and miscalculated where I should have turned around and ended up running 16 miles instead of 14 and I hurt everywhere when I was done. My feet hurt so bad I could hardly walk. I went to my car and almost just left and went home instead of going over to where they had bagels, muffins and fruit and water, but I was hungry, thirsty and needed to use the restroom so I managed to get over there. I didn't run for 2 days after that but when I did run I ran good! I was worried that I had over done it and would end up with aches and pains that would not want to go away but I was fine. I ran in a nice park while my niece rollerbladed on Thursday, it was 41 degrees but it was very windy. I was really wishing my race was done with, I am not a cold weather runner. I got new shoes Friday!!!! I got Asics gel foundation VI. This is the first time I have ever worn Asics shoes. I don't care for the color at all, they are lavender and white. They were the most comfy of all the shoes I tried on and I tried on alot of them!! I had already run before I went to the running store so I didn't run in them until Saturday. They felt good, I like them. I think we will have a good 300-400 miles together!! I ran a 5 mile pace run which went good. I held between 8:40-8:50 pace! (8:43 average) Sunday I ran 14 miles on the roads around where I live. I definitely need to go somewhere for long runs like this. I didn't run as good as I should have. I really like the group runs. That is the last long long run before my half marathon. I think I will do 10 next Saturday then taper. This coming Sunday is the Chicago marathon, I have a couple of friends running it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home